“CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT”
Arrangements should be made with the Church at least 6 months in advance of when you would like to be married. We can not promise you a date until both of you have been interviewed by a priest or deacon. We give preference to families that are registered members of St. Peter’s.
If both the bride and groom come from other parishes, a 50% deposit of the wedding fee (see below) is required during the Pre-Nuptial Investigation with our pastor. The wedding will not be officially booked on our calendar until this payment is made. So, please take this into consideration if you are not parishioners.
The application in the left side bar needs to be completed before meeting with the priest and setting a date. You may submit it to the email on the bottom of this page, which is Susan’s email, or drop it off in person. You may also pick up the wedding planning packet in the rectory, which includes a wedding guide to help you with your preparations. All of the planning packet is also in the left side bar.
NOTE: Currently our Pre-Cana ministry is on hiatus, so we do not offer any Pre-Cana classes. Pre-Cana is offered at other Catholic Churches and Dioceses. The Diocese of Rockville Centre offers marriage preparation that can be done in one weekend; for further information on the diocesan programs, click here (drvc.org). Or, go to www.engagedencounterli.org, which also offers Pre-Cana. There is also the option of online programs. If you google Pre-Cana you will find several.
Here’s a check list of the paperwork you will need to submit to us before your wedding:
- New Baptismal Certificate. This cannot be dated more than 6 months before your wedding date.
- Marriage License. Get this within the month before your wedding.
- Wedding Fee : $650; includes use of the Church, priest, organist and cantor. Our Music Director Rob Bobek will answer any questions you have about the music and alternate performers. He can be reached at 516-967-4710. *PLEASE NOTE THAT A 50% DEPOSIT ($325.00) IS REQUIRED OF NON PARISHIONERS UPON THEIR FIRST MEETING WITH THE PRIEST.
- Certificate of completion for Pre-Cana/Foccus.
- Back page of “Together for Life” (available in St. Peter’s rectory). This is the worksheet for your readings and vows.
- Signed forms from the Videographer, Limousine Service and Photographer
We ask that all of the above please be delivered a week before your wedding.
Please contact us at 516-883-6675 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org